[PyQt] pyuic4 issues uncovered from PyQwt5

Hans-Peter Jansen hpj at urpla.net
Mon Oct 4 12:11:41 BST 2010

Hi Phil,

I've tackled to build PyQwt5 in my build service repo for openSUSE again:

https://build.opensuse.org/project/show?project=home%3Afrispete%3APyQt
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/frispete:/PyQt/

A few tests revealed some issues of pyuic4. Try to compile the attached ui
description. It produces code like:

        self.AnalogClock = Qwt5.QwtAnalogClock(Dialog)
        self.AnalogClock.setProperty(_fromUtf8("visibleBackground"), False)
        self.AnalogClock.setLineWidth(4)
        self.AnalogClock.setFrameShadow(QtGui.QwtDial.Plain)
        self.AnalogClock.setMode(QtGui.QwtDial.RotateNeedle)
        self.AnalogClock.setOrigin(270.0)

Please note the property value QtGui.QwtDial.Plain: it should read
Qwt5.QwtDial.Plain. Consequently, other references to Qwt5 property values
are wrong as well.

Finally, the import for Qwt5 is below the widget code. While this does not
lead to wrong behavior, it is somewhat "surprising", as everybody would
expect these imports located near the PyQt4 imports.

Pete