[PyQt] Bugs galore in QAbstractTableModel???

Baz Walter bazwal at ftml.net
Sun Nov 28 03:42:47 GMT 2010

On 27/11/10 23:02, Ian wrote:
> On 27/11/2010 22:23, Baz Walter wrote:
>> the python version andreas is referring to is "modeltest.py". it can
>> be found in the pyqt source in the contrib/pymodeltest directory.
>>
> I found the version I think I need (4.7.4) at
> http://python-qt4.sourcearchive.com/documentation/4.7.4-0ubuntu1/modeltest_8py-source.html
>

> I have been unable to find out how to run it - so guessing I tried this.

that link doesn't show all of the contents of the source - it's missing
the README file. here's the relevant part:

<quote>

To Use the model test do the following:

1) Include the modeltest.py file in your project directory

2) Then in your source import "modeltest" and instantiate ModelTest
with your model so the test can live for the lifetime of your model.

For example:

from modeltest import ModelTest

self.model = QDirModel(self)
self.modeltest = ModelTest(self.model, self)

3) That is it.  When the test finds a problem it will throw an
AssertionError.  modeltest.py contains some hints on how to fix
problems that the test finds.

</quote>