[PyQt] PyQt.QtHelp - QFSFileEngine::open: No file name specified

romain rbe at arxsys.fr
Thu Nov 25 12:53:49 GMT 2010

Hans-Peter Jansen wrote:
> On Wednesday 24 November 2010, 13:54:50 romain wrote:
> is the cruical part again:
>
> No, a method named HelpBrowser.loadResource() is called. Yours is named:
>                    HelpBrowser.loadResources()
>
> Hopefully, you you're able to spot the difference now. Btw, you still
> cover "help", "type", and missed the super calls in the c'tors. For
> that reason, your argument shuffle is suboptimal, better would be:
>
> class HelpBrowser(QTextBrowser):
>         def __init__(self, helpEngine, parent = None):
>            super(HelpBrowser, self).__init__(parent)
>            self.__helpEngine = helpEngine
>
>         def loadResource(self, type_, url):
>             if url.scheme() == "qthelp":
>                 return self.__helpEngine.fileData(url)
>             return super(HelpBrowser, self).loadResources(type_, url)
>
> Check the parent arg.
> This might need something like before the very first PyQt4 import:
>
> import sip
> sip.setapi('QVariant', 2)
>
> and is a good idea for new code anyway (similar to QString elimination).
>
> Pete

Thanks, it works. I've read your previous answer and didn't noticed the
difference between loadResource and loadResources, so I didn't
understood what you meant. By 'you are covering a few python keywords in
your code' I thought you were indirectly asking me to give more details
about what I coded / wanted to do.

I'm sorry I made you waste your time with such an "issue". Thanks for
your advices and answers.

   Regards,

--
Romain