[PyQt] PyQt.QtHelp - QFSFileEngine::open: No file name specified

Hans-Peter Jansen hpj at urpla.net
Tue Nov 23 14:33:13 GMT 2010

On Tuesday 23 November 2010, 14:28:16 romain wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I am facing an issue when I use the PyQt.QtHelp module. I have
> generated a .qhc file containing the documentation I want to embed
> into my soft so users can access it directly. It is made up with
> .html pages.
>
> I have joined the code in attachment. I simplified it so it can be
> used in a "stand-alone" software, but it is in fact part of a bigger
> program. My problem is the same in both cases anyway.
>
> (This code is more or less the same as in the QtHelp example from Qt
> : http://doc.trolltech.com/qq/qq28-qthelp.html and
> http://doc.trolltech.com/qq/qq28-qthelp.zip for the example code).
>
> When I launch my soft, and click on one of the link of the table of
> content, the error message "QFSFileEngine::open: No file name
> specified" is displayed, and consequently the documentation is not
> displayed. The HelpBrowser.loadResources() method is called by
> HelpBrowser.setSource() when a link of the table of content is
> double-clicked.

No, a method named HelpBrowser.loadResource() is called.

Btw, you are covering a few python keywords in your code (type, help).

It's usually a good practice to call parent methods with super (will
save you from editing every method invocation, if you rebase your
class one day, which usually results in _nasty_ behavior), and you
and your typing fingers _really_ want to use PyQt's new style signals,
I sure.

Pete