[PyQt] Newbie for newbies PyQt4 tutorial.

Algis Kabaila akabaila at pcug.org.au
Sat Nov 20 21:25:19 GMT 2010

On Sunday 21 November 2010 04:55:18 David Boddie wrote:
> On Sat Nov 20 07:18:02 GMT 2010, Algis Kabaila wrote:
>
> > Thank you for your valuable advice and encouragement to write a
> > tutorial.  The tutorial presents a simple plain text editor in
stages
> > of development and is now in the PyQt wiki as follows:
> > A list of Stages at
> >
> > http://diotavelli.net/PyQtWiki/simple
>
> It looks good. One thing I noticed was that you want the toolbar to
be
> on the right hand side of the window by default. Have you tried
passing
> the toolbar area as the first argument of QMainWindow.addToolBar()?
>
> David

David,

Short answer is "no, I have not tried".  I noticed that by default the
toolbar seems "to go" to the left side.  I had an idle thought that it
would be nice for the "quit" icon to be separated from the working
options.

Thank you for your feedback and kind remarks.

Al.

--
Algis Kabaila
http://akabaila.pcug.org.au/