[PyQt] headerDataChanged connection: new-style syntax problem

Vicent Mas uvemas at gmail.com
Sat Nov 13 10:08:20 GMT 2010

On 2010-11-13 Phil Thompson <phil at riverbankcomputing.com> said:

> On Sat, 13 Nov 2010 09:57:26 +0100, Vicent Mas <uvemas at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm upgrading some code and moving signal/slot connections from old
>
> style

> > new style but I'm having problem with this line:
> >         self.connect(self.tmodel, QtCore.SIGNAL("headerDataChanged(int,
> >         int,
> >
> > int)"), self.my_slot)
> >
> > where self is an instance of QtGui.QTableView and self.tmodel is an
> > instance
> > of QtCore.QAbstractTableModel.
> >
> > I've tried:
> >
> > 1) self.tmodel.headerDataChanged.connect(self.my_slot)
> > 2) self.tmodel.headerDataChanged[int, int, int].connect(self.my_slot)
> >
> > and other variations with no luck. Could someone tell me how to convert
>
> it

> > the new-style syntax, please? I'm using Qt-4.6.3 and PyQt-4.8.
>
> Define "no luck".
>
> Phil

:-) I mean that some times my program aborts, other times I get no errors but
the slot is never executed. I don't use any debugger, I just put a print
'something' in the first line of the slot but the string is never printed. The
old-style version works just fine.

Vicent
::

	Share what you know, learn what you don't