[PyQt] QGraphicsView problems with RenderHints - SmoothPixmapTransform has no effect

Held Michael michael.held at bc.biol.ethz.ch
Thu Nov 4 16:02:51 GMT 2010

Hi,

I am drawing a QPixmap in QGraphicsScene. The QPixmap looks not very nice after scaling to a smaller size.
Setting the render hints seems to have no effect at all. I checked the values and they are changed successfully.

int(image_viewer.renderHints())
2
image_viewer.setRenderHints(QPainter.Antialiasing | QPainter.SmoothPixmapTransform)
int(image_viewer.renderHints())
5

Any ideas why the pixmap transform such as scale is not smoothed? It works for QLabel.

I am using Qt 4.7.0 (Cocoa 64bit), SIP 4.11.2, PyQt 4.8.1, MacOS 10.6.4, Python 2.7

Cheers
Michael