[PyQt] QWebView and https

Russell Valentine russ at coldstonelabs.org
Thu May 27 16:49:24 BST 2010

On 05/27/10 09:59, alanm wrote:
> class myNetworkManager(QNetworkAccessManager):
>     """Implemented to override certain aspects of the network access, such as
> SSL certificate errors"""
>     def __init__(self, parent=None):
>         super(QNetworkAccessManager, self).__init__(parent)
>
>     def sslErrors(reply, errors):
>         reply.ignoreSslErrors()
>
> Now what I don't understand is how to make my QWebView use this class.  I know
> that QWebPage has a setNetworkAccessManager() method, but I've tried various
> ways to connect these bits and nothing works yet.
>
> Do I have to subclass QWebPage or QWebView ?

Adding your the CA certificate should be easier then ignore all errors.
I havn't tried it but I think it would be something like this.

config = QSslConfiguration.defaultConfiguration()
certs=config.caCertificates()

certs.append(QSSLCertificate(QFile("starfieldcert")))
config.setCaCertificates(certs)

I think their certs are here:
https://certs.starfieldtech.com/anonymous/repository.seam

Good luck.