[PyQt] Mutiprocessing and QThread

Martin Alderete malderete at gmail.com
Sun May 23 18:26:30 BST 2010

Hello people! How is it going?

I want to know what is the best way to solve my situation below...

I have a server app which control a LAN of computer which runs the client
app
The server app has qt widget foreach computer on the LAN(running the client
app).
That widget on the server has to check some stuff periodically(2 min), so I
have attached a CheckClass(QThread) in each widget.
The CheckClass(QThread) check some stuff from his widgetCaller and emit
signals in some situation and the the widgetCaller must do some extra
process in this case.
In summary the signals emitted by CheckClass(QThread) are like a
"comunication method" for me.

Is a good way to solve my problem ?
Should I use multiprocessing module instead QThread class for use multi CPU
and not allow the GIL to lock my threads?
What is the best way to concurrency in PyQt QThread or multiprocessing ?

regards,

Alderete, Martin Nicolas