[PyQt] Table Cell Span

Eric Weick eweick at yumaed.org
Wed May 5 18:28:58 BST 2010

I have come across an issue that I am unable to resolve with regards to cell
spanning on a table.
The issue... The cells span correctly, but there is a 'ghost' image left in
the first cell as can be seen in the attached image.
I have tried reversing the last 2 lines of the code below... tbl.setSpan and
then tbl.setItem, but this did not help.
I appreciate any help on this.
-Eric

I am using PyQt 4.4 and Qt4.5

I created a form with a table on it with qtDesigner and then the following
code ...

from PyQt4 import QtGui,QtCore

class subtracker_log(QtGui.QMainWindow):
    def __init__(self, conn, parent = None):
        #Load QT form created using designer
        QtGui.QWidget.__init__(self)
        self.ui = Ui_trackerLog()        #Name of the class created by pyQt
from the qtDesigner (name of the form object: ex Ui_MainForm)
        self.ui.setupUi(self)                 #Name of the function in class
that sets up the ui
        self.testTable()

    def testTable(self):
        tbl = self.ui.tblTrackerLog
        tbl.clear()
        tbl.setRowCount(5)
        hdrItems=['Per 0', 'Per 1',  'Per 2', 'Per 3', 'Per 4', 'Per 5',
'Per 6']
        tbl.setColumnCount(len(hdrItems))

        for i in range(len(hdrItems)):
            headerItem = QtGui.QTableWidgetItem()
            headerItem.setText(hdrItems[i])
            tbl.setHorizontalHeaderItem(i,headerItem)

        cell = QtGui.QTableWidgetItem()
        cell.setText('2,2')
        cell.setTextAlignment(QtCore.Qt.AlignCenter)
        tbl.setItem(2, 1, cell)
        tbl.setSpan(2, 1, 0, 4)

--
Eric Weick