[PyQt] pyqt and dbus

Kobus Wolvaardt kobuswolf at gmail.com
Fri Mar 19 20:04:10 GMT 2010

Hi,

I have found an oddity with dbus and pyqt. A message of type string longer
than 120k sent over dbus will work, but the eventloop from where it was sent
will go crazy with cpu usage at 100% after that. This does not happen with
the glib eventloop and python, and it also doesn't happen with the qt c++
dbus eventloop. Any idea what can be causing this. I also saw the c++ qt
eventloop fail on large messages (might have been a coding issue) but the
pyqt one succeeds. Is this onpurpose, could it be related?

I have seen this issue on 4.5.x and 4.6.2 QT, with the latest pyqt paired
with 4.6.2.

Thanks,
Kobus Wolvaardt