[PyQt] QSqlDatabase connection parameters

Scott Frankel frankel at circlesfx.com
Fri Mar 19 19:06:12 GMT 2010

Hi all,

Would anyone have any suggestions for improving QSqlDatabase PSQL
connection performance?

The Qt docs refer to PSQL connection options and demonstrate the
"requiressl=1" example.  Are there other options that can be set?
(eg:  the docs' PostgreSQL "options" bullet point)  Google searches
are coming up short.

I note that my local postgresql.conf file has a "work_mem" statement.
(Usage:  work_mem = 1MB)  That could be germane, but including the
term in my setConnectOptions() method (as part of a semi-colon
separated list) yields PSQL errors.

I've optimized my working code further.  Running from a local data
set, launch times are down to 4 seconds.  Running from an identical
data set hosted remotely, my application launches in 40+ seconds!

Thanks in advance!
Scott