[PyQt] pyqtconfig.sipconfig._config_stack has wrong paths

Josh jknox at irobot.com
Wed Mar 10 21:49:13 GMT 2010

Hi,

In my dev environment we build packages of Qt, PyQt, SIP, etc on a
"central" build machine. Developers use these packages as dependencies
for their projects on their own machines. The packages are always
installed in different locations than where they were originally built.
This leads to a problem where the plethora of paths specified in
pyqtconfig.sipconfig._config_stack all refer to the original build
machine. So, without some customization, its impossible to build
PyQt/SIP wrappers for our Qt C++ widgets.

My question is this: Is it correct to just pilfer through the elements
of pyqtconfig.sipconfig._config_stack and set things up for my system
(ie. string replace)? Doing that just feels wrong. Is there a better way
to go about this?

Thanks for any advice!

Josh