[PyQt] Python wrappers for QML/ "Qt Quick"?

Ville M. Vainio vivainio at gmail.com
Wed Mar 10 15:13:38 GMT 2010

On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 8:57 PM, Attila Csipa <pyqt at csipa.in.rs> wrote:

> If I understand correctly what you want to do, it has little to do with PyQt,
> it would be more of a PyQML custom binding... Which is interesting, but sounds

Right - it would be a "lighter" solution, if it would indeed be as
thin as I'm thinking should be possible. Clearly it wouldn't have all
the power PyQt solution would have.

> like quite a niche to me - it will be hard to avoid Qt parts, and at that
> point it's much easier to go via the 'main' PyQt path. But, I'm no QML expert

Yeah, the PyQt path will be easier and more flexible. The "custom qml
wrapping" would be more akin to "occams razor" solution to the
problem, with as little of the middleman present as possible.

--
Ville M. Vainio
http://tinyurl.com/vainio