[PyQt] Python wrappers for QML/ "Qt Quick"?

Ville M. Vainio vivainio at gmail.com
Tue Mar 9 10:37:41 GMT 2010

On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 4:50 PM, Attila Csipa <pyqt at csipa.in.rs> wrote:

> Note that QML itself will be part of mainline Qt4.7, so I guess it's just a
> question of time (read: Phil's schedule :) until a bit more 'official'
> support for QML + PyQt appears.

There is a bit more to think about than just wrapping Qml* classes;
there are multiple interesting paths for creating QML + Python apps.

For one, it should be possible to avoid loading the PyQt libs
altogether (in the interest of smaller footprint & faster launch) -
just create a C++ application like qmlviewer, and embed python
interpreter to that. All the Qt facing code would be on the javascript
side, and the javascript code would be able to access the embedded
python interpreter through some exposed stubs. In the first phase,
even being able to exec/eval strings would get you started.

--
Ville M. Vainio
http://tinyurl.com/vainio