[PyQt] Embedding VLC

Chris Laux pyqt at wayoverthere.com
Mon Mar 8 17:43:16 GMT 2010

On Monday 01 March 2010, Chris Laux wrote:

> I made a prototype PyQt app that plays movies using MPlayer which displays
>  the video in a plain QWidget. It turns out to be very simple - just pass
>  "-wid" to mplayer and then the widget's .winId(). I'm using mpylayer (
> http://code.google.com/p/mpylayer/ ) to control mplayer from the pyqt GUI.
>  I can post some code if you're interested. Also, this is on Linux, I
>  haven't tested on Win/Mac.
>
> Just FYI.

Attached is a quick test app that plays a movie in a QWidget. I had to make
some changes to mpylayer to get it to work for me, not sure how it could work
otherwise. That patch is also attached. I'll contact mpylayer's author about
it. You also need a test movie to play named "test.mkv" in the same directory
(or change the hard coded file name of course).

--
-chris