[PyQt] Problem connecting buttonClicked signal

dizou di_zou at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 22 19:09:13 BST 2010

I have a bunch of QPushButtons in a QButtonGroup. I am trying to connect the
buttonClicked() signal with a method, but I am not able to.

This is what I have:

class DrawWidget(QWidget):
    def __init__(self, parent):
        QWidget.__init__(self, parent)

        self.Setup()
    def Setup(self):
        cursorButton = QPushButton()
        platformButton = QPushButton()
        nodeButton = QPushButton()
        channelButton = QPushButton()

        buttonGroup = QButtonGroup()
        buttonGroup.setExclusive(True)
        buttonGroup.addButton(cursorButton, 0)
        buttonGroup.addButton(platformButton, 1)
        buttonGroup.addButton(nodeButton, 2)
        buttonGroup.addButton(channelButton, 3)

        for button in buttonGroup.buttons():
            button.setFlat(True)
            button.setCheckable(True)

        cursorButton.setChecked(True)
        gridLayout = QGridLayout()
        gridLayout.addWidget(cursorButton, 0, 0)
        gridLayout.addWidget(platformButton, 0, 1)
        gridLayout.addWidget(nodeButton, 0, 2)
        gridLayout.addWidget(channelButton, 0, 3)

        self.setLayout(gridLayout)

        self.connect(buttonGroup, SIGNAL("buttonClicked(int)"),
self.ButtonClick)
        #self.connect(buttonGroup, SIGNAL("clicked(int)"), self.ButtonClick)
    def ButtonClick(self, id):
        print id
        print "clicked"

When I run this code, I don't get anything printed on the screen.