[PyQt] pyjamas desktop port now using pyqt4: bugs and limitations of PyQt4.QtWebKit encountered

projetmbc at club-internet.fr projetmbc at club-internet.fr
Mon Jun 7 17:23:15 BST 2010

Thanks for all.

There is a very simple example here : http://pysnippet.blogspot.com/2010/01/calling-python-from-javascript-in-pyqts.html

I think it could be helpfull.

Christophe

Message du : 07/06/2010
De : "David Boddie " <dboddie at trolltech.com>
A : pyqt at riverbankcomputing.com
Copie à :
Sujet : Re: [PyQt] pyjamas desktop port now using pyqt4: bugs and   limitations of PyQt4.QtWebKit encountered

On Mon Jun 7 09:25:55 BST 2010, Christophe wrote:

>>> QtWebKit, not PyQt, provides the bridge between C++ and JavaScript. PyQt
>>> integrates Python with Qt's meta-object system which gives you the bridge
>>> between Python and JavaScript for free.

> Are there simple and not so simple examples of this kind of
> functionnalities somewhere ?

People keep asking this in various places. I seem to remember helping someone
write some code to put Qt objects into the WebKit JavaScript environment
fairly recently. I always refer back to some code I wrote last year for this:

  http://chaos.troll.no/~dboddie/Python/PyConTre_Italia_2009/

An extreme example can be found here:

  http://www.diotavelli.net/PyQtWiki/Exposing_Qt_Class_to_QtWebKit

Unfortunately, there are only C++ versions of the QWebElement examples:

  http://doc.qt.nokia.com/4.7-snapshot/webkit-domtraversal.html
  http://doc.qt.nokia.com/4.7-snapshot/webkit-simpleselector.html

However, it should be quite easy to port these to Python.

David