[PyQt] Error when converting QVariant back to Python object

Baz Walter bazwal at ftml.net
Fri Jun 4 21:25:08 BST 2010

On 03/06/10 16:01, Phil Thompson wrote:
> On Sat, 29 May 2010 19:46:58 +0100, Baz Walter<bazwal at ftml.net>  wrote:
>> looks like i spoke too soon: i now get segfaults when trying to emit
>> signals that send char *.
>>
>> the particular signal that caused the crash was "propertyChanged(const
>> char *prop, const char *val)" in QsciLexer. i have been using this
>> signal for a long time previously without any problems.
>
> Should be fixed in tonight's PyQt snapshot. You will also need tonight's
> QScintilla snapshot.
>
> SCN_MODIFIED should now provide a more sensible text argument.

sorry to say the new snapshots don't work for me.

i've narrowed the problem down to this:

 >>> from PyQt4 import QtGui, Qsci
 >>> a = QtGui.QApplication([])
 >>> s = Qsci.QsciScintilla()
 >>> s.SendScintilla(s.SCI_SETUNDOCOLLECTION, 0)
 >>> s.setText('foo')
Segmentation fault

this is using:

gcc 4.4.1, python 2.6.5, qt 4.6.2, sip snapshot-4.10.3-f292793d6c99,
pyqt snapshot-4.7.4-36c5fbec9a15, qsci snapshot-2.4.4-90e3461f410f