[PyQt] Rapid GUI Programming with Python and Qt

projetmbc at club-internet.fr projetmbc at club-internet.fr
Tue Jul 20 08:53:21 BST 2010

Hello,
>>> I would very much like to do a new edition of the PyQt book,
>>> but it will probably not be for another year or two due
>>> to other commitments.

I'll be patient... :-( I hope that the new edition will show new feature like playing with WebKit and JavaScript.

>>> I want the next edition to be based on Python 3.1 (or later).

Great.

>>> Also, I am hoping that by the time I'm ready to start on it PySide
>>> will support Python 3 and will be sufficiently compatible with PyQt
>>> that I can cover both in the same book without confusing readers.

That's interesting because PySide proposes a package for Mac. But there is no Windows installer for the moment...

I'm dreaming if a Mac package for PyQt...

>>> For those who can't wait I have converted all the book's examples to
>>> Python 3.0 (using PyQt API 1) and to Python 3.1 (using PyQt API 2).
>>> I've put a few notes on the most problematic classes at the bottom of
>>> the book's web page: http://www.qtrac.eu/pyqtbook.html

I've just downloaded it. Thanks.

C. alias Christophe