[PyQt] ANN: dip v0.1 Released - An Application Development Framework for PyQt and Python v3

Antonio Valentino antonio.valentino at tiscali.it
Sat Jul 17 20:09:04 BST 2010

Hi Phil,

Il giorno Sat, 17 Jul 2010 18:02:57 +0100
Phil Thompson <phil at riverbankcomputing.com> ha scritto:

> dip v0.1 has been released. This is the first release of dip, an
> application development framework for PyQt and (for the moment at
> least) Python v3.
>
> The user documentation, including tutorials and a full API reference
> is available at
> http://www.riverbankcomputing.com/static/Docs/dip/index.html
>
> dip is suitable for developing simple utilities and large scale,
> complex applications. It includes the following features...

[...]

first of all congratulations for the great job.

I have still not finished to read the docs but it seems to me that many
of the features provided by dip are also present in the enthought
framework (Traits, Envisage, etc.).

I would like to ask you why you decided to develop a new framework and
which are advantages/drawbacks of using dip instead of enthought.

Best regards

--
Antonio Valentino