[PyQt] SIP build problem with VS2008 Express Edition

Darryl Wallace darryl.wallace at prosensus.ca
Tue Jan 26 21:27:30 GMT 2010

Hello,

I am trying to build SIP v4.7.9 with VS2008 Express Edition and Python 2.5.4
via the Visual Studio 2008 Command Prompt.

When I attempt to run sip.exe from the c:\python25 I get the dreaded R6034
Runtime Error!

"R6034
An application has made an attempt to load the C runtime library
incorrectly.
Please contact the application's support team for more information."

The odd thing is that sip.exe will run if left in the sip4.7.9\sipgen
directory.

Has any one come across this?   I am trying to build PyQt4.4.4.

Side note: I've just attempted to build SIP4.8.2 and SIP 4.10 and now, these
works properly.  But now when I run configure.py for PyQt4.4.4 I get the
following error:
sip: sip/QtCore/QtCoremod.sip:73: syntax error

Thanks,
Darryl