[PyQt] ImportError with v4.7 Windows Binary

Doug Bell dougb at bellz.org
Mon Jan 25 12:09:51 GMT 2010

Phil Thompson wrote:
> On Fri, 22 Jan 2010 10:12:37 -0500, Doug Bell <dougb at bellz.org> wrote:
> > Phil Thompson wrote:

> >> What is on your PATH?
> >
> > C:\Source\Python26\Lib\site-packages\PyQt4\bin
>
> Sorry, I have no explanation. If moving the DLLs works then it implies a
> PATH problem - but your PATH seems Ok.

FYI, I finaly found the problem.  There is a commercial program
(CFDesign, from Blue Ridge Numerics) installed on this PC that uses Qt
and has Qt DLLs in a directory that is included in the PATH.  If the
CFDesign directory is renamed, then PyQt works again.

I'm not sure what sequence Windows uses for finding DLLs on the PATH,
but it evidently isn't in the order given in the environment variable.

Doug