[PyQt] PyQt installation on mac os x 10.6 fails

Jan Haag haag498 at googlemail.com
Tue Jan 19 21:37:26 GMT 2010

If you want to use the latest Qt (4.6), download and install the Cocoa
64bit binaries.
There are 32bit carbon builds for backward compatibility, this message
suggests you
have one of these. Except for a few minor bugs these two versions work
the same, but
Carbon is restricted to 32bit (and deprecated anyway).
With these in place, you just have to follow the instructions for
building PyQt 64bit and
it should work (not with python 3, it doesn't yet work on 64 bit at
all).
The default python shipped with mac is fine, it is a clean 64bit build
of the standard
python.org version with some extensions preinstalled.

This is all I can tell you, I hope it helps... It worked for me, at
least.

Jan