[PyQt] SIP dll import error 193

jenglund at stereodllc.com jenglund at stereodllc.com
Thu Feb 25 18:53:38 GMT 2010

Hi, I am trying to compile PyQt/SIP for Vista 64-bit.  I have Python 2.5
64-bit installed, and successfully configured/compiled sip 4.10 using the
msvc2005 x64 command line.  However, when I try

'from sip import *'

from the python command line, I get

'Import Error: DLL load failed with error code 193'

I understand this is frequently a 32/64-bit compatibility problem, but I
have checked and rechecked and it would seem that I have my bases covered.
 I have tried both msvc2005 and msvc2008, but only to the same end :
successful compilation, but an error when importing sip in the python
command prompt.

Thanks.

John