[PyQt] PyQT/Sip installation

M Chauhan mrch81 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 16:41:39 GMT 2010

Thanks Yao.

Finally I used MinGW because I had many issues with nmake.

I have done a step by step procedure of what I did if someone else is
looking for such information.

1. Get SIP (http://www.riverbankcomputing.com/)
2. Unzip SIP4.10 in an empty folder
2. Get PyQT4 (http://www.riverbankcomputing.com/)
3. Unzip in another folder.
4. For commercial version ,get
http://www.riverbankcomputing.com/@@vault?fname=pyqt-commercial.sip
5. For commercial version, copy pyqt-commercial.sip to
/folder_in_which_PyQt_was_unziped/sip/.
6. Install Python 2.6.4
7. Install QT LGPL version (http://get.qt.nokia.com).
8. Now you need either MSVC 2008 or MinGW installed to have "make" command
on windows.
6. After above installations, go to SIP folder. Launch a command prompt on
this folder.
7. Launch following cmd for MinGW : python configure.py --platform win32-g++
8. Then launch : C:\MinGW\bin\mingw32-make.exe
9. Then launch : C:\MinGW\bin\mingw32-make.exe install
10. Go to PyQt folder.
11. Launch following cmd : python configure.py
12. Then launch : C:\MinGW\bin\mingw32-make.exe
13. Then launch : C:\MinGW\bin\mingw32-make.exe install

Have a nice weekend,
Mrugesh.