[PyQt] strange scrolling behavior everywhere

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed Feb 17 00:59:48 GMT 2010

On 17.02.10 01:43:36, Peter Schmidtke wrote:
> Thanks for answering already :) I know I did not provide lots of
> information, but more because I thought that this behaviour was somehow
> normal.
>
> Find attached to this mail my ui file. It behaves the same way when I do
> the preview in the qt designer.

I can't find anything unusual with that file in my Qt4.6 designer.
Clicking onto the scrollbar handle with the left button doesn't do
anything, clicking above or below the handle scrolls up/down. Pressing
and dragging the scrollbar handle also scrolls normally.

The context menu on the scrollbar seems to be normal with Qt4.

> If I remember well (I'm getting old), I installed Qt4, but surely not over
> the rpm package manager. Probably I got it shipped with eric + qt designer
> etc.... I still have qt3 packages installed on the machine, can they
> interfere?

Usually not, Qt3 designer will refuse to load Qt4 files. Qt4 designer
will convert them if possible and warn you about that. There shouldn't
be such strange runtime-interferences.

> I do not know if this is linked, but I also can not use "normally again"
> the dock widgets. I can not pull them around, even when they should float,
> they are indeed detached from the main window...but I can not drag them
> around like I normally should be able to do. I tried pretty much everything
> in the qt designer and finally gave it up (so there aren't in the current
> ui file).

Does this work with the dockwidgets in designer itself?

Andreas

--
Give your very best today.  Heaven knows it's little enough.