[PyQt] Qt include files on Windows

Jeremy Sanders jeremy at jeremysanders.net
Tue Feb 16 09:19:01 GMT 2010

On Tue, 16 Feb 2010, Phil Thompson wrote:

> On Mon, 15 Feb 2010 17:22:43 +0000 (GMT), Jeremy Sanders
> <jeremy at jeremysanders.net> wrote:
>> Hi - I see that the Windows PyQt development binaries available don't
> seem
>> to include the Qt header files. These are necessary to compile PyQt
>> Qt/SIP extension modules.
>>
>> Would it be sensible to included these in the distribution, or in an
> extra
>> file?
>>
>> Are further files be required to build extension modules based around
>> PyQt?
>
> The vast majority of people aren't building extension modules. The few who
> need them can get them from the Nokia installer.

Fine - just thought I would check. It does say on the website "This binary
installers for Windows contain everything needed for PyQt development
except for Python itself."

However this doesn't include the include file (and possibly a computer,
compiler and brain :-).

It should probably say "These binary installers" rather than "This binary
installers".

Jeremy

--
Jeremy Sanders <jeremy at jeremysanders.net>