[PyQt] PyQt 4.7 doesn't handle signals with empty parameters "()"

Albert Cervera i Areny albert at nan-tic.com
Mon Feb 8 18:23:13 GMT 2010

A Dilluns, 8 de febrer de 2010, Phil Thompson va escriure:
> On Mon, 8 Feb 2010 18:46:59 +0100, Albert Cervera i Areny
>
> <albert at nan-tic.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> > after upgrading my system to PyQt 4.7 some things of my application
>
> stopped
>
> > behaving as they used to do. I eventually found out that I had some
>
> signals
>
> > connected and emited like this:
> >
> > self.connect( object, SIGNAL('modified()'), self.slot )
> > self.emit( SIGNAL('modified()') )
> >
> > These, no longer worked, but using:
> >
> > self.connect( object, SIGNAL('modified'), self.slot )
> > self.emit( SIGNAL('modified') )
> >
> > solved the problem.
> >
> > I don't think that change was intended, was it?
>
> Upgrading from what version?

PyQt 4.6, I'm on debian unstable.

> Do you have a script that demonstrates the problem? My test suite covers
> that case and passes.

It must be a corner case. This area of the applicationis a bit complex and
difficult to extract a simple test case. Even more after realizing I use it in
other areas of the application and it works correctly.

--
Albert Cervera i Areny
http://www.NaN-tic.com