[PyQt] QContextMenuEvent on a QTreeWidgetItem

Paul Du Bois dubois at doublefine.com
Fri Dec 17 10:09:09 GMT 2010

Well, I suppose you would start with

class MainWindow(QMainWindow):

  def contextMenuEvent(self, event):

    item = self.tree_widget.itemAt(event.globalPos())

    # create or fetch a QMenu that relates to your item

    menu.exec(event.globalPos())

or you could override the event on the widget itself, if you wanted to
deal with subclassing the widget.

Caveat: I haven't tried exactly this myself, but I do create context
menus this way.