[PyQt] Unable to get QDeclarativeImageProvider to work

Brett Stottlemyer brett at stottlemyer.com
Wed Dec 15 22:38:24 GMT 2010

All,

I am unable to get QDeclarativeImageProvider working.  When I run the
attached code (on Win7) with
> python qmltest.py
it locks up and I get a "python has stopped responding" message.

Is this a bug?  It looks like the size parameter (in C++) is a pointer that
is populated internally and returned.  The only other example like this that
I am aware of is winEvent, where you are supposed to return a tuple instead
of a single parameter.

All this example is supposed to do is mimic the documentation
(http://www.riverbankcomputing.co.uk/static/Docs/PyQt4/html/qdeclarativeimag
eprovider.html), but in Python.  This is 4.8.1 pyqt and Python 2.6, btw.
I've gotten other QML examples to work.

TIA,
Brett