[PyQt] Bug in QFileDialog

Antonio Valentino antonio.valentino at tiscali.it
Wed Dec 8 18:37:09 GMT 2010

Hi Vicent, hi Pete,

Il giorno Wed, 8 Dec 2010 18:41:25 +0100
"Hans-Peter Jansen" <hpj at urpla.net> ha scritto:

> On Friday 03 December 2010, 11:12:42 Vicent Mas wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > the attached script shows a bug in QFileDialog. If on a given dialog
> > you call setLabelText(QFileDialog.Accept, text) and then you call
> > setFileMode(FileMode) then the label is not set and the default
> > label is used. If you call setFileMode(FileMode) first and then you
> > call setLabelText(QFileDialog.Accept, text) then the label is set.
> >
> > As you can see in the script the problem only happens with the
> > QFileDialog.Accept constant. Other QFileDialog.DialogLabel constants
> > work fine.
> >
> > I don't know if it is a Qt bug or a PyQt one. Neither I know if the
> > problem is in the setLabelText method or in th setFileMode one.
>
> Confirmed with:
> python: 2.6
> sip: 4.12-snapshot-b202f0d04ba6
> qt4: 4.7.1
> pyqt4: snapshot-4.8.2-e73d5045bea5
>
> This script is simple enough to do a C++ version, as I doubt that
> this is a PyQt issue. Then, you need that version anyway to report
> this to Nokia. ;-)

I agree with Pete, IMHO it is a Qt bug.

Some time ago I had a problem with QFileDialog on Mac OS X

http://bugreports.qt.nokia.com/browse/QTBUG-7086

The bug is now closed but some strange behavior still persist (see last
comment)

http://bugreports.qt.nokia.com/browse/QTBUG-7086?focusedCommentId=111442&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-111442

I wonder if n some manner the two problems are related.

best regards

P.S. I confirm the issue on Ubuntu 10.10 amd64:
Python 2.6.6
pyqt 4.7.4
sip 4.10.5
qt 4.7.0