[PyQt] Phonon error in 4.8.1

Sebastian Elsner sebastianelsner at freenet.de
Mon Dec 6 16:45:39 GMT 2010

Here is s small example which worked in PyQt 4.7.x

import sys
from PyQt4 import QtGui
from PyQt4 import QtCore

from PyQt4.phonon import Phonon

class MainWindow(QtGui.QMainWindow):
     def __init__(self):
         QtGui.QMainWindow.__init__(self)
         self.verticalLayout = QtGui.QVBoxLayout()
         self.videoPlayer = Phonon.VideoPlayer(Phonon.VideoCategory)
         self.connect(self.videoPlayer, QtCore.SIGNAL("finished()"),
self.videoPlayer, QtCore.SLOT("deleteLater()"));
         self.verticalLayout.addWidget(self.videoPlayer)
         self.videoPlayer.play(Phonon.MediaSource("grattgratt.mpg"))

if __name__ == '__main__':
     app = QtGui.QApplication(sys.argv)
     app.setApplicationName("Phonvideo")
     window = MainWindow()
     window.show()
     sys.exit(app.exec_())

Seems to be a windows issue. I get:

WARNING: Phonon::createPath: Cannot connect  Phonon::MediaObject ( no
objectName ) to  Phonon::VideoWidget ( no objectName ).

Could be this bug:
http://bugreports.qt.nokia.com/browse/QTBUG-13062
Can somebody confirm?
Did somebody experience similar problems?

Regards

Sebastian