[PyQt] bug: Python 2 exception in PyQt-Py3.1-gpl-4.8.1-1

Daniel Goertzen dang at networkintegritysystems.com
Sat Dec 4 01:16:01 GMT 2010

Ah, sounds like a cx_freeze problem them.  Other than that issue, cx_freeze
appeared to work fine.

The pyInstaller homepage says that it only supports up to python 2.7.  Since
I'm using 3.1, I didn't even try it.

Thanks,
Dan.

On Fri, Dec 3, 2010 at 4:21 PM, Hans-Peter Jansen <hpj at urpla.net> wrote:

> On Friday 03 December 2010, 21:47:06 Daniel Goertzen wrote:
> > While running cx_freeze with an installation of
> > PyQt-Py3.1-gpl-4.8.1-1, I got the following error:
> >

> >   File
> > "C:\Python31\lib\site-packages\PyQt4\uic\port_v2\load_plugin.py",
>                                           ^^^^^^^
> > line 17
> >     except Exception, e:
> >                     ^
> > SyntaxError: invalid syntax
> > make: *** [freeze] Error 1
> >

> > Changing the line to a Python 3 style exception fixed it:
> >
> >   except Exception as e:
>
> but it should have picked up port_v3, if things would had gone right.
> For some reason, cx_freeze picked the wrong interpreter.
>
> You may also try using PyInstaller, which has explicit PyQt4 support.
>
> Pete

Daniel Goertzen
dang at networkintegritysystems.com (work)
daniel.goertzen at gmail.com (home)