[PyQt] Is there a Dabo like framework

John Fabiani johnf at jfcomputer.com
Thu Aug 26 15:20:24 BST 2010

On Thursday, August 26, 2010 01:11:17 am Phil Thompson wrote:
> On Wed, 25 Aug 2010 19:24:16 -0700, John Fabiani <johnf at jfcomputer.com>
>
> wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I have wanted to use QT for some time now.  However, I'd like to also
> > continue
> > using something like Dabo (uses wxPython for the 	gui but any database).
> >
> > So
> > before I start something big like porting pyQT to Dabo.  I thought I'd
> > check
> > and see if there were something using pyQT similar to the Dabo
>
> framework.
>
> > www.dabodev.com in case you don't know what Dabo is.
>
> dip (http://www.riverbankcomputing.com/static/Docs/dip/index.html) will
> move in that direction.
>
> At the moment it is in its very early stages but the fundamental
> architecture and technologies are in place, so you might want to consider
> adding Dabo-like functionality on top of what is currently implemented.
>
> Phil

Thanks everyone for the info.  I was surprised to see so many because I had
just completed a google search (I have never been good at google searches).

Two look very interesting in deed.  Camelot, and PyPaPi (not sure what dip is
attempting to do) of course PyPaPi is in Italian and I have no idea what the
website is saying but the video held my interest.

Again thanks for the help,
Johnf