[PyQt] ISO 64-bit Qt for OS X

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Sun Aug 15 20:46:36 BST 2010

(keeping it on the list to help others...)

It seems the "default" download of the whole SDK is still Carbon.  No there's no way to tell from the download name on that one.  I didn't try to download that 584MiB monster to see if there's any other indication on the disk image, or verify that it is Carbon.

To get Cocoa 64bit:

http://qt.nokia.com/downloads

-> LGPL

-> Qt: Framework only, for Mac

There you can download the Cocoa build.  And it's much smaller ;)

I guess Nokia assumes people want the whole development environment.  If you do need the IDE, you should be able to install the Cocoa package on top of the "SDK", though I'm not positive that will not mess up something in the IDE.

On Aug 15, 2010, at 2:34 PM, Eric Inazaki wrote:

> Where do I get this Cocoa version of Qt?  The one I got from
> Nokia doesn't seem to be it.  For that matter, is there a
> (relatively) easy way to tell if a given kit is Carbon/Cocoa/
> 64/32?  The file I downloaded gives no such indication.
>
> eric
>

> On 8/15/10 1:44 PM, William Kyngesburye wrote:
>> Make sure you install Qt Cocoa, that includes 64bit Qt.  If you install Qt Carbon (old installers defaulted to this), you get 32bit only (64bit is impossible with Carbon).
>>
>> On Aug 15, 2010, at 12:53 PM, Eric Inazaki wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I'm trying to build PyQt for OS X (Snow Leopard) but make complains
>>> that I'm building a 64-bit app but my Qt is 32-bit.  Apparently others
>>> have had this problem.
>>>
>>> What I'd like to know is where do I get this 64-bit Qt?  The Qt I'm
>>> using is the Mac SDK from Nokia (qt-sdk-mac-opensource-2010.04.dmg).
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> eric

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"This is a question about the past, is it? ... How can I tell that the past isn't a fiction designed to account for the discrepancy between my immediate physical sensations and my state of mind?"

- The Ruler of the Universe