[PyQt] ImportError: no module name PyQt4 (Windows 7, 64 bit)

John McCabe john at assen.demon.co.uk
Mon Aug 9 11:41:31 BST 2010

  Hi

I've just installed PyQt4 with SIP on my PC and I'm getting the error
"ImportError: no module name PyQt4" when I try to run the qtdemo.pyw
file in the examples folder (see below).

My first thought was that my PYTHONPATH needed something adding to it,
but I'm fairly new to python and wasn't sure what to put in. I tried
adding the C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages folder, and the
C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\PyQt4 one, but that didn't help.

Any other suggestions would be gratefully received.

Thanks
John

C:\PyQt\PyQt-win-gpl-4.7.4\examples\demos\qtdemo>python qtdemo.pyw
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "qtdemo.pyw", line 49, in ?
     from PyQt4 import QtCore, QtGui
ImportError: No module named PyQt4