[PyQt] Still (apparently) having version issues

Peter Milliken peter.milliken at gmail.com
Sun Aug 1 23:34:01 BST 2010

I have Python 2.6.2 installed. I have installed PyQt-Py2.6-gpl-4.7.4-1. I
have also installed dip-p2-gpl-0.2-snapshot-6de9307b5575.

I am attempting the example on p9 of the dip documentation ("The Smallest
Example"). I have typed the code in (as opposed to downloading it) and get
the following error when I run it:

wres12386#1(~/Test)$ python test.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "test.py", line 5, in <module>
    from dip.ui import Form
  File "c:\Python26\lib\site-packages\dip\__init__.py", line 34, in <module>
    raise ValueError("PyQt QString API v2 is required")
ValueError: PyQt QString API v2 is required
[exited with 1]

>From this I assume I still have version issue incompatibilities? Could
somebody point out which package I have wrong?

Thanks
Peter

P.S. I have attempted running the same code from the dip distribution in
doc/examples/ui/simple.py - after I correct the "app.exec()" (what has
changed that all the code makes a method call that is not in the library???)
line it gives exactly the same error message.