[PyQt] QGraphicsItem missing method

buddy+pyqt at nmt.edu buddy+pyqt at nmt.edu
Sat Apr 17 19:27:51 BST 2010

I recently updated from 4.7 to 4.7.3 and suddenly the QGraphicsItem class no longer
seems to have a setOpacity method.  The documentation still indicated that should be
a valid method.  In addition I noticed that the ItemUsesExtendedStyleOption
attribute is also missing from the QGraphicsItem class.

Attached is some test code I have featuring has a class called CustomItem which
inherits from QGraphicsItem and attempts to call setOpacity in it's constructor.
When I run it I get the following errror:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./test.py", line 63, in <module>
    item=CustomItem(None,None)
  File "./test.py", line 13, in __init__
    self.setOpacity(.9)
AttributeError: 'CustomItem' object has no attribute 'setOpacity'

Please let me know if I somehow have a bad installation or if there's something I
can do to fix this.

Thanks,
Buddy Becker