[PyQt] properly exiting application while still in init

Sebastian Elsner sebastianelsner at freenet.de
Fri Apr 16 13:03:51 BST 2010

Hello,

In the __init__ method of a standard QDialog I check for some requirements
to be fulfilled before the gui is shown (I communicate with a server over
a QTcpSocket for that matter) If the conditions fail I want to exit the
Application. How would I properly do that?

Currently I tried:

socket.close() #first close the socket
self.close() #close the window, does not do anything in the init because
the window is not actually shown yet
sys.exit() works but gives me an error (QWaitCondition: Destroyed while
threads are still waiting)

What could I try next?

Regards

Sebastian