[PyQt] pausing and resuming QThread tasks

Scott Frankel frankel at circlesfx.com
Thu Apr 15 19:53:52 BST 2010

Hi all,

What's the best way to pause and resume processing in QThread objects?

I've built a small test app that sets up a Python os.walk() process
that I'd like to be able to pause and restart from where it left off.
The documentation on QWaitCondition looks promising, though my app
appears to hang on this line (line 69):

	self.condition.wait(self.mutex)

Also, in testing for a paused job in my processing method (line 104),
does a waiting thread resume from where it left off?  Or do I need to
keep track of where it is myself and restart it from there?

Thanks in advance!
Scott