[PyQt] help with designer plugin for custom widget.

Josh jknox at irobot.com
Thu Apr 8 19:26:44 BST 2010

I've got a Qt widget and a PyQt binding. I want to make a Designer
plugin for it.

I have a Designer plugin as a C++ class. It works fine, I can add it to
layouts, etc.

Am I correct in assuming that my PyQt binding will not work to load the
C++ class when added via the C++ designer plugin?

I have been trying to make a PyQt designer plugin by subclassing
QPyDesignerCustomWidgetPlugin but I cant get designer to load it.

I tried placing the pyqt plugin in directories specified in both
QT_PLUGIN_PATH & PYQTDESIGNERPATH but it never shows up.

I suspect I'm not putting it in the right place, but I'm not sure.
designer doesn't indicate any errors.

Anyone have any suggestions on what to check?

Thanks!

Josh