[PyQt] PyQt application crashes on exit

Matt Chambers chambers at imageworks.com
Wed Apr 7 20:35:37 BST 2010

I'm seeing this as well on Linux.  Since upgrading to 4.7.2 almost every
apps prints a Segmentation fault message on exit. That is with Python
2.6.4. Our Python2.5 is still using the previously released version and
doesn't have the problem when running the same code base.  This is
compiled against Qt 4.5, we haven't moved to 4.6 yet.

One thing I noticed, all this might be a coincidence, is that only apps
which use QSettings seem to be affected.  I haven't test this but I'm
about to.  None of my simple PyQt examples exhibit the problem, but If I
find anything I'll post it here.

-Matt

On 04/07/10 12:09, Francesco Biccari wrote:
> I have the same problem on Vista.
> PyQt 4.7.2 both with Python 2.6.5 and Python 2.6.4.
> However your example does not give any problem to me.
>
> I think it is a very subtle problem. Sometimes, even if
> I do exactly the same things (push a button and so on) on the same program,
> when I close that program, not always it crashes.
>
> This night I'll try to compile the most recent snapshot of PyQt.
> I'll let you know the result.
>
> Ciao ciao.
> Fra
>

> On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 18:27, Romi Agar<post at romi.ee>  wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>>
>> After upgrading my PyQt to version 4.7.2 on my windows 7 x64 machine running
>> Python 2.6.5 many of my applications tend to crash on exit. Python.exe stops
>> responding if I close the application window.
>> A simple example that seems to always crash on my pc is included as an
>> attachment.
>>
>> Any ideas about how to fix it?
>>
>> Thanks  in advance

-Matt