[PyQt] Form/dialog without title bar and actions buttons

Hans-Peter Jansen hpj at urpla.net
Mon Sep 28 21:42:19 BST 2009

Am Montag 28 September 2009 schrieb zorze:
> Hi,
> I'm a newbee in Qt/PyQt but I'm starting to use it.

Welcome to the PyQt wonderlands ;-)

> The first problem that I need to solve is how to
> remove the title bar from a Dialog/MainWindow?

Could you be more specific about your goals? Are you really after the
effects of "killall $WINDOWMANAGER"?

Without title bars, users usually cannot resize nor move their windows!

Anyway, programmatically, you can play with QWidget.setWindowFlags(...).

Real fun starts with sticky windows, skipping taskbars and pagers, title
bars without close/min/max buttons and the like..

Enjoy,
Pete