[PyQt] QTableWidget: sorting floating point numbers

Bernard Van Der Stichele Bernard_VanDerStichele at otpp.com
Thu Sep 24 15:54:32 BST 2009

I still havn't been able to figure out how to sort numbers in a
QTableWidget. Can anyone offer any pointers?

thx
bernard.

**

Hello list members,

The row sorting mechanism triggered when clicking on a column header
functions by treating cell contents as strings - even if the cell contents

were formatted as floats or integers.

Is there an intended mechanism designed to allow the sort to be
customized? If so, what is it?

I've looked around and have only found various hacks. I'd be very
surprised if this functionality had not been designed into the
QTableWidget - sorting  is really critical to most applications making
heavy usage of tabular information.

Am I missing the obvious?

Thanks
Bernard.

CONFIDENTIALITY WARNING
This e-mail message, including any attachment(s), is confidential. If we sent this communication to you in error, please do not disclose it to anyone else or use the information in it. Please notify the sender of the transmission error and then delete our communication from your system without printing, copying or forwarding it.  Thank you for your co-operation.

AVERTISSEMENT CONCERNANT LE CARACTERE CONFIDENTIEL DE L'INFORMATION

Le present courriel, y compris toute piece qui y est jointe, est confidentiel. Si nous vous avons envoye cette communication par erreur, nous vous prions de ne la divulguer a personne ni a utiliser l’information qu’elle contient. Veuillez informer l’expediteur de l’erreur de transmission et effacer ensuite notre communication de votre systeme sans l’imprimer, ni la copier ni la retransmettre. Nous vous remercions de votre cooperation.