[PyQt] Changes on a widget recorded as a movie?

"V. Armando Solé" sole at esrf.fr
Wed Sep 23 10:32:54 BST 2009

Phil Thompson wrote:
> On Wed, 23 Sep 2009 11:02:29 +0200, "V. Armando Solé" <sole at esrf.fr>
> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am recording changes on a QGLWidget grabbing the widget as png files.
>> My goal is to produce a sort of  easy-to-embed animation for using it in
>> impress and/or powerpoint.
>>
>> Is there a way to achieve that from within python and Qt and therefore
>> not having to use external programs?
>>

> Have a look at the grabber.py example.
>
> Phil

Thanks for the hint but, unless I miss something, that only shows the
equivalent of what I am doing when using pure opengl to get the opengl
frame:

image = glReadPixelsub(0,0, self.width(), self.height(), GL_RGBA,
GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE)

What I need is to be able to export a set of images as a "portable"
animation and, if possible, from within my own python and qt program.

Armando