[PyQt] Changing the height of the QTabbar in QTabWidget

Chris Dunscombe cdunscombe at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 21 18:21:45 BST 2009

Hi,

I have some tabs in a QTabWidget that have a "long" text description so I would like to increase the height of the tabBar. See below:
--------------------------------------
| tab1 | tab2 | Lot of text for tab3 |

I would like the following:

-----------------------------
| tab1 | tab2 | Lot of text |
|      |      | for tab3    |

I've tried sub-classing QTabWidget in some way but not managed to get the behaviour that I'd like.
Here's the code snippet below (I'm sure I'm doing something stupid):

class specialTabWidget(QTabWidget):
    def __init__(self, parent=None):
        QTabWidget.__init__(self, parent)
        self.theTabBar = QTabBar()
        self.setTabBar(self.theTabBar)
        self.theTabBar.setMinimumHeight(50)

Any help much appreciated especially a code sample showing what I should do.

Thanks,

Chris