[PyQt] QSqlRelationalDelegate and sizeHint

Scott Frankel frankel at circlesfx.com
Thu Sep 10 06:22:47 BST 2009

Hello,

What's the best way to explicitly set row and column sizes for a
QTableView?

I'm trying to use an QSqlRelationalDelegate, but print statements show
that its sizeHint() method is never called.  The paint() method is.
If I set the editable model methods, I lose the FK comboBoxes.

I must be missing something obvious.

Thanks in advance!
Scott

class GeneralTableDelegate(QtSql.QSqlRelationalDelegate):
	def __init__(self, parent=None):
		super(GeneralTableDelegate, self).__init__(parent)
		print "init() ..."

	def paint(self, painter, option, index):
		print "paint() ..."
		QtSql.QSqlRelationalDelegate.paint(self, painter, option, index)

	def sizeHint(self, option, index):
		print "sizeHint() ..."

		if index.column() == NAME:
			print "NAME ..."
			return QtCore.QSize(200, 24)

		elif index.column() == DESCRIPTION:
			return QtCore.QSize(400, 24)

		else:
			return QtCore.QSize(100, 24)

		return QtSql.QSqlRelationalDelegate.sizeHint(self, option, index)