[PyQt] persistent database connection

Anil Kumar anilet at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 10:58:59 BST 2009

Hi,I am populating my table view using a QSqlRelationalTableModel,
It all works well and the application is working- Untill someone leaves it
open overnight and tries to view/update data next morning. The tabe view
does
not show anything, can't add/delete/update ,no error messages are produced.
suspect connection to the database is getting timed out. How can I prevent
it from timing out or how to detect if the connection behind the model is
down
I tried
"if connection.open():"
before executing the Query, without success

Any help is much appreciated.

Regards,

Anil K Thankappan