[PyQt] Is this possible using pyqt?

Michał Andrzej Woźniak mikiwoz at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Sep 7 12:47:40 BST 2009

Dnia poniedziałek 07 wrzesień 2009, jim biri napisał(a):
> Hi,
> Wonder if anyone can help.
> I'm looking to build a simple command line appln that logs into a
> website (following redirects, using SSL), and clicks on a download link
> to download some files. Nothing fishy here, just looking to automate a
> mundane and manual process.
> Is this possible using pyqt? If so, any pointers as to which
> examples/tutorials might be particularly useful?
> I've found "/python-qt4-doc/examples/network/http.py", but any others?
> And ... is what I'm trying to do actually doable using pyqt?
> Thanks for any help,
> JB

I suppose it should be much easier to use Python's cURL bindings.
Especially if we're talking about a command-line app. Qt is a GUI
toolkit, not much sense in using it for a command line program.

I'd suggest looking into PycURL:
http://pycurl.sourceforge.net/

cURL does a great job in helping to write anything that does client-side
http/https/ftp/etc., in basically any programming language (from C to
Bash to Python).

Cheers
Mike